Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just my life

School is out for the summer! ... And its not quite as exciting as it used to be. Surprisingly, I miss school already. Whether that has to do with missing the actual school part or the social part is debatable. I love college and am SO excited to go back in the fall.

So far summer has been.... haha how can I put this to adequately describe how it has been? longishuncomfortablelonelytiringstressfulworkfilledbutstrangelyfun... yep i think that might be it. I started volunteering at a dentist office here in town and am beginning to learn how to be a dental assistant. I have watched a bunch of fun procedures! I almost passed out while watching my first extraction. The shots got me. Honestly that is the worst part. Today I watched the dentist pull out a wisdom tooth. Not to get into the bloody details, but it was so cool that he basically just peeled back the gums and popped the tooth out! It was surprisingly not a huge ordeal. I felt dumb for making such a big deal out of it when I got mine out. I have made a resolution to take better care of my teeth. But after all of that, I'm beginning to think that all my plans to be a hygienist might be going down the drain... I actually don't enjoy doing the whole dental thing right now, mostly because I feel awkward that I don't know whats going on, but I have been told that I should give it a few weeks before I quit. I guess a few weeks really isn't that long right? :S

Last night Kiley, Erin, and I made a large batch of chocolate chip cookies. Our large mountain of cookies left over was very deceitful... It would have been twice the size had we not eaten so much cookie dough and then so many hot, fresh, gooey, chocolately cookies. :) mostly they were SOOO good. Tonight Kiley and I ate pancakes with LOTS of strawberries on them. Definitely another favorite. Other than that, I have hung out with my friend Leslie a couple times. We had a girls night the other night to watch a chick flick and cry about our boys that were gone for the summer. We didn't actually end up crying, and her boy came back two days later. How do I get lucky like that? Tonight we (Leslie, Leslie's Boy Sean, and I) went and played volleyball with some other kids from our ward. I basically dominated when I figured out how to serve overhand again, and my team rocked!! It was surprisingly competitive for sand/ward volleyball... and I just realized that I still have sand everywhere! ...I should probably go take care of that. :) Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Callie its good to hear what you are up to this summer until we get to meet up again. That is cool you are training for a dental assistant, Sarah told me you might be doing that. I definitely know what you are talking about when you say you have no clue what is going on and feel awkward. I have BEEN there! Without going through the DA school you definitely have to give it time before you start feeling more knowing haha. Of course I was only going twice a week when I was trying to learn dental assisting for a General dentist. My job now, the endodontist, where we only do root canals and an occasional surgery, was a lot at first to take in but was a lot easier to learn haha cause its mainly one procedure. But it is the same thing everyday!
    How are you doing with Jaren being gone? Is he doing good and liking it? When does he get home? We should just have a girls lunch out or something, so you can fill me in on your life. and Kiley too. Good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just can't tell if I really just don't like not knowing what I'm doing, or if I really just don't like it. I guess I just need to give it time... :) I haven't seen a root canal yet. I want to though. Really, I think watching the surgeries is the best part. How long have you been working for the endodontist?
    ... Its been weird to have Jaren gone. We went from seeing each other EVERYDAY to ... not. And it kinda stinks. I get to talk to him everyday though, and that is always good. I just keep telling myself at least he isn't going on a mission! haha He seems to be doing ok, just trying to figure it out a little bit, but I think he will do great once he figures it out.
    I think girls lunch sounds GREAT!! I love hanging out with girls and I love food, so it is a great idea! When would work for you?

    ReplyDelete